Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sofia Day 7: AKA Final Day!

I woke up kinda lazy again. And finished packing. Then at about 10:30am I headed out to the Museum of Modern Art and the National Gallery of Foreign Art. However, both were closed until 11!

So I hopped a tram and went to the archeology museum downtown. And it was open. There was some really cool stuff there- like columns that show the peace treaty between two nations or the first ever found bone carvings.



Then it was to the National Gallery of Foreign Art. That place was cool. It had Indian carvings, Japanese wood carvings/painting, French art, an exhibit about the old Byzantine bibles, and even some weird modern art.

Then it was off to the Modern Art Museum which turned out to be a gallery thing where you could buy the art. But it had some Dali and Warhol. Pretty small, but nice.

I had lunch/dinner at this Italian place with a gigantic pizza. It was yummy and that plus a soda was only 5 BGN. :)

I went back to the hostel, finished finished packing and went to sleep pretty early.

Then the next day I woke up and began the already chronicled adventure.

See you around the globe!

No comments: