1 potato, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 spoonful of red spice (when I figure out what it is exactly, I will let you know)
- Wash the beans and leave them in water overnight.
- Let boil for about 10-15 minutes. While cooking, this is a good time to peel and chop your potato and carrot and begin boiling them in another pot with enough water for them and the beans.
- Add potato and carrot to beans. Bring to a boil again. *I did it for about 20 minutes, and they were still hard when they came out of the ove, so I would go longer*
- Cook until the beans are soft "but integral."
- Put the bean mix in a baking dish (terra cotta traditionally). Mix in a spoonful of seasoning.
- Put the pan into a preheated oven at 480 F.
- Heat bean mixture until it starts to simmer.
- Reduce heat to 340 F and bake for 15 more minutes or so. Beans are done once bubbles appear on the surface of the pan (the beans shouldn't be too dry)
While doing this, I also made a apple dessert and biscuits. Figured I might as well use the oven while it is already preheated.
When done, remove and enjoy! I should have cooked the beans longer, but it is hard to do so when there is no cooking times, I should have boiled them a bit longer. We will see how it goes next time!
See you around the globe!