Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mama's in Skopje!

My mom and I had a really great time while she was visiting here. We went to Tetovo, Ohrid and, of course, Skopje. I will do my best to tell you what we did and where we went, but we did have a some what relaxed visit.  Mama arrived on Sunday afternoon and Anjie and I went to pick her up at the airport. Her flight landed right on time!

Then we went back to the apartment where we just kind of hung out and unpacked a bit. Then we went out for dinner and tried to register her. I was told that with my snazzy new “lechna karta” I could register people at the local police station without my landlord present. Well, when I went down there with Mama, they asked for my lease. We went back got it and then came back. Then they said I needed “my Macedonian.” I told them that I could register with out him, so I called Gazmend real fast. As I was calling him, the nice lady that helped us the first time (before we went back to get the lease) just came over and registered us. And then handed us the white card, smiled, and told us to have a good day.

triumphal Arch, did ya' know that it was in Skopje?

For dinner we went to one of my favorite locations for dinner-Anja’s! Anja’s has this great atmosphere where you can talk, and relax or watch whatever sporting event is going on.  We had a шопска салата (shopska salad), “homemade” sandwich, french fries with cheese (supposed to be feta, but it doesn’t taste like it at all!). We also had palachinki/crepes with eurocream, banana, and whipped cream for dessert. After dessert we went home and to bed!


This is my elevator. Yes, I am going through the door to push the elevator button.
See you around the globe!

No comments: