Monday, November 24, 2008

Beautiful wanderings

Went shopping for souvenirs that I wasn’t able to get on the free day in Helsinki. And found them at the first store I went to, so I literally wandered around the city for about 2 hours. The day was perfect- clear and just a little nip in the air. Stopped by a little famous café that still makes cakes using medieval recipes and got a piece to go for the train. Started to wander back to the city center to go back to the hostel, when it started to rain, so I ducked inside Stockmanns Department Store. It is 7 stories tall, including a a fully stocked grocery store on the bottom level. Didn’t get anything because the cheapest shirt on sale still cost 40 Euros. (or about 50 USD). Went to head back to the hostel and got distracted by sale signs in another store. I ended up buying a pretty long sleeve stripped black and blue sweater dress and two pair of cute socks for only 11.95 Euro.

The train ride back was just as long, but it was made worse by the fact that when I was about to fall asleep, we stopped for customs, so I had to stay awake so that they could look at my face and make sure I wasn’t someone else.

See y’all around the globe!

No comments: