Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Я живу в Санкт-Петербурге!

So I learned a few verbs today! The title sentence says, “I live in St. Petersburg!” We also learned to read “читать”, to eat dinner (lunch) “обедать”, to eat breakfast “эавтракать” and to do “делать”

As well as the conjugations for these verbs. Apparently the first one we did was irregular, so she had to think of other ones that weren’t as weird.

Also, I go eat dinner with my homestay on Thursday, September 18th at 6pm. They are coming to IMOP (the dorms) to take me to their house. Jess, my fried who is not going to a homestay is going with me. The name listed as the family’s name is “Маргорита Яковлевна Михилина” or “Margareta Yakovlevna Mehelena” So she could be a бабчшка (babushka- grandmotherly figure) or a single mom. I am getting really excited to go. On Thursday, I am going to go buy flowers for her as a welcome gift. (Something you do in Russia)

A few of us our planning our vacation break. At least one other girl and I are definitely going to Vladimir and Suzdal outside of Moscow. There might be one or three others going with us.

See you around the globe!

No comments: