Monday, May 9, 2011

I got it!

I got a Fulbright grant to Macedonia!

Over the next few posts, I will place the statement of purpose and my personal state up on here to give you an idea of what I will be doing over there. I will be affiliated with the Euro-Balkan Institute. I will be with the Department of Contemporary Political Thought for the course of the academic year. Hopefully, I will be able to study the language for a bit before jumping into the research part.

However, over the summer (read June 17-August 12) I will be learning Macedonian at Indiana University in Bloomington!!

Can't wait to get started!

See you around the globe!

1 comment:

Daniel Pout said...

Hi Cassidy,

Well done! I found your blog and just wanted to congratulate you on your Fulbright success. My name is Daniel Pout and I won the other research grant. I am headed to Skopje too so no doubt our paths will cross (hopefully in DC in a couple of weeks.)
Your research sounds like it will be interesting and it is especially impressive that you are considering pursuing a graduate degree in Macedonia.
I look forward to meeting you soon,
Daniel