Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fulbright to Macedonia!

Where? I'm sure that is the first question in your head as you read the title- "Where the heck is Macedonia?" Well, Macedonia is just north of Greese and to the west of Bulgaria. Or rather here:


See isn't that easier?

Well, I applied back in November, but the way that Fulbright works is that your application goes on to a National Screening Committee, who forwards a few applications to the US Embassy in country. The Embassy then decides who to offer a Fulbright to.

I have made it pass the first step to have my application sent to the US Embassy in Macedonia! This is a great honor, because as far as the lady in the study abroad office knows, this is the first time that an FAU student has gotten this far! However, I am one of two this year, so we share that prize. :)

I am super excited and can't wait until May 14, which is when we are supposed to get notified of our principle of alternate candidatee status.

See you around the globe!

No comments: