Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Pit Stop in Moscow!



  
When I booked tickets, the best way was flight into Moscow and a separate flight into Irkutsk and Vladivostok. Which meant I got to spend a night in Moscow on the way home! I met up with the SRAS Josh Wilson who is based in Moscow. We did a bit of a walking tour/cafe stop in the center. Then I had dinner while he went back to his family. 

Even Lenin had a tree!



The hotel room was weird- it was an entirely internal room: no windows. I mean the bed was comfy and it was pretty sound proof with the airport nearby, so I'm not complaining. It was a long journey back to the US. When I landed in NY, and went through customs, I realized I didn't leave the orange I brought on the plane- so I declared it, so they could appropraitely trash it. Now I realize I could of been a bit tired, but when I got the customs person who deals with agriculture he asked if he could "see" the orange. I thought that was weird, but 7 months of translating things in my head, I just held up the orange. Note that this is after I had alrready offered to give it to him and apologized. He gave me a stare and asked if he could hold it. So I gave it to him. He looked at it, calmly placed it next to him and said he had to keep it (Commentary in my head- duh.) and said I was free to go. 

It was nice to be home in Lexington and get to see and hug Bobby in person!

No comments: